The Alpha Course
Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. We would recommend anyone who is exploring the meaning of life or what followers of Jesus believe to come along to one of our Alpha Courses.
Our next Alpha Course will start Tuesday evening 23 January 18.30-21.00. We will host this free course in Taste Café, Roland Holstlaan 751, Delft. This location has a big livingroom with a coffee bar, and is not a busy café.
You are very welcome to come for one evening and see if you like it. The course exists of 9 evenings. Each session looks at a different question about faith and is designed to create conversation. It is an open, informal and honest space to explore and discuss life’s big questions together. The talks are in English, but we will also try to offer a Dutch speaking discussion group.
What does Alpha look like?
Each Alpha night includes the following three things: food, a talk and great conversations.
- Food -Eat together and get to know each other
- Alpha Talk – A live talk around 20 minutes.
- Discussion – A conversation in small groups on the relevant topic.
Topics Covered on Alpha
The talks are designed to engage guests and inspire conversation. Here are some of the topics:
- Life: Is there more to life than this?
- Jesus: Who is Jesus?
- Cross: Why did Jesus die?
- Faith: How can we have faith?
- Prayer: Why and how do I pray?
- Word: Why and how do I read the Bible?
- Spirit: Who is the Holy Spirit and what does He do?
You are very welcome to join! You can try it out one time and see if you like it. The Alpha Team will try their best to make everyone feel at home. It would be great if you could sign up, so we will know for how many people we should cook.