Our Vision For The Term
What we believe God wants to do among us in this season.
Recap 2021-22: The 3Rs
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
At the start of the year, we introduced the 3Rs to describe how we believe God would lead us out of this pandemic into the near future. What are these and what are they about?
- Reshaping Church – the pandemic has highlighted the strengths and weakness of us all, including our church. We believe God is asking us to change the way we do certain things to better fit with His Word in the Bible and our context here in Delft. These changes will be slowly implemented over the coming months – so expect some experimentation and failure!
- Restoring People – the pandemic has placed a lot of strain on many of us, on our relationships, on our church community, and we believe that God wants to bring healing and restoration to His church because He loves it. We believe that a fresh pouring out of the Holy Spirit is coming and we want to be ready and open to this movement of God.
- Reigniting Mission – the pandemic has touched lives of people all across our city and we believe that as God restore us as a church community He is also preparing and inspiring us for His work of reacting those He loves and calls to Himself in this city of Delft and beyond.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.
As we begin to gather in person once again this term, we believe that the emphasis is on RESTORING PEOPLE. More concretely, we believe that God wants to:
- Restore Our Vision – we believe that God wants to re-envision us, he wants to give us fresh insight into our future as individuals, families and as a community together. As God wants said to the prophet Jeremiah: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. (Jeremiah 33:3)
- Restore Our Community – we believe that church is fundamentally people together in relationship with God and each other. It has been hard to connect and build relationships during this pandemic. We believe that God wants to restore community and strengthen the relational bonds that hold us together. Why? Because community is a life-sized picture of who God is: By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. (John 13:35)
- Restore Our Hearts – we believe that God cares about our hearts, He wants to see us flourish and enjoy Him and the world He has created. The Holy Spirit will come to fulfil the promise that Jesus spoke concerning himself: He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted. (Isaiah 61:1)