Our Vision For The Term
What we believe God wants to do among us in this season.
Recap 2021-22: The 3Rs
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
At the start of the year, we introduced the 3Rs to describe how we believe God would lead us out of this pandemic into the near future. What are these and what are they about?
- Reshaping Church – the pandemic has highlighted the strengths and weakness of us all, including our church. We believe God is asking us to change the way we do certain things to better fit with His Word in the Bible and our context here in Delft. These changes will be slowly implemented over the coming months – so expect some experimentation and failure!
- Restoring People – the pandemic has placed a lot of strain on many of us, on our relationships, on our church community, and we believe that God wants to bring healing and restoration to His church because He loves it. We believe that a fresh pouring out of the Holy Spirit is coming and we want to be ready and open to this movement of God.
- Reigniting Mission – the pandemic has touched lives of people all across our city and we believe that as God restore us as a church community He is also preparing and inspiring us for His work of reacting those He loves and calls to Himself in this city of Delft and beyond.
This Term: January to April 2022
“Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
We began another year in lockdown. The pandemic is not over and we remain in this transition between the pre-pandemic world and the post-pandemic world. The world has changed, the church has changed and we have changed in the process. We are not there yet, wherever, there will be. We must keep going praying, persevering and giving of ourselves.
- The Call to Intercede – one of the key things we believe that God has been speaking to us in a number of contexts (through prophetic words, pictures and dreams) is the need to be active and purposeful in intercession. Intercession is praying to God for others. It is to “stand in the gap” between them and God.
- The Call to Persevere – another key thing we believe God is calling us to is to persevere. To keep holding on to God and His promises in the midst of challenging and suffering. God is producing a resilience in us. He is building our character, making us strong in the face of challenge and difficulty. It may not be pleasant, but it bears good fruit in the long term.
- The Call to Give – the final thing God is highlighting is the need for us to be generous and other-focused. To continue to give of the things that we have. Our time, our money, our other resources to those that are poor in these areas. We must continue to turn outwards and serve those who are suffering in our city.